- 1 ounce Irish whiskey (Jameson)
- 1 ounce Irish cream (Baileys)
- 1 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- 2 1/2 ounces coffee (or more to fill, freshly brewed)
- Garnish: whipped cream
- Garnish: caramel syrup
- Warm a mug or Irish coffee glass by filling it with hot water. Allow this to sit for a few minutes, then dump out the water.
- Pour all of the liquors into the warm mug, fill with coffee, and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and a drizzle caramel syrup. Serve and enjoy!
Irish whiskey makes a true Irish coffee, but don’t worry if you run out! Any style of whiskey other than a super-smoky scotch or a spicy rye should do just fine in this cocktail. Try it with bourbon or a smooth Canadian blend.
If you’re not a fan of butterscotch, try another liqueur as a substitute. A few that would work great are amaretto, a hazelnut liqueur like Frangelico, or an herbal liqueur like Benedictine. Chocolate liqueurs are a delicious alternative, too.
Baileys is the most famous Irish cream on the market, but you can certainly pour any other brand and get a delicious cocktail. If you like, replace it with RumChata or a similar cream liqueur.