- 1 1/2 ounces vodka (vanilla)
- 1 ounce caramel syrup (plus more for rim)
- 2 ounces Irish cream
- Garnish: salt (kosher or sea, for rim)
- Garnish: soft caramel candy
- To rim the cocktail glass, begin by rolling the rim in a shallow dish of caramel syrup. Roll the glass in a dish of salt, coating it lightly all the way around.
- If you want to drizzle caramel inside the glass, hold it upright over the sink to catch any caramel drips. Lightly drizzle caramel webbing inside the glass. Immediately place the glass in the freezer so the caramel sets up while you mix the drink.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the vodka, caramel syrup, and Irish cream. Shake well!
- Remove the glass from the freezer and strain the drink into it. Garnish with a caramel candy.
- Serve and enjoy!
The rim and caramel drizzle can be done in advance; a minimum of 10 to 20 minutes is perfect. The colder the caramel is, the longer it will stay frozen while you’re drinking the martini.
Unflavored vodka works just as well as vanilla vodka.