- small handful ice
- 200ml tomato juice
- 50ml vodka
- 2 tbsp amontillado sherry
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar , or to taste
- pinch celery salt
- Worcestershire sauce , to taste
- Tabasco , to taste
- squeeze of lemon juice
- celery sticks and lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
Put the ice in a tall glass. Pour over the tomato juice, vodka, amontillado and sherry vinegar. Stir in the celery salt, then season to taste with the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and lemon juice. Taste again to see if more sherry vinegar is needed.
- Serve with celery sticks, lemon wedges and a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper, if you like.