Practice your flip and try our easy vegan crepe recipe. These super simple vegan pancakes use a few basic swaps to create a stack of sweet or savoury crepes.Print
- 125g plain flour
- egg replacer , equivalent to 1 whole egg (we used Orgran No Egg) mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 250ml hemp or coconut milk
- sunflower or rice bran oil , for frying
- orange segments and agave syrup , to serve
Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the Orgran egg replacer and a quarter of the milk.
- Use an electric whisk to thoroughly combine the mixture, then beat in another quarter of the milk. Once lump free, mix in the remaining milk. Leave to rest for 20 mins. Stir again before using.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan with a splash of oil. When hot pour a small amount of the mixture into the pan and swirl around to coat the base – you want a thin layer.
- Cook for a few mins until golden brown on the bottom, then turn over and cook until golden on the other side. Repeat until you have used all the mixture, stirring the mixture between pancakes and adding more oil to the frying pan as necessary.
- Serve with an orange wedge and a drizzle of agave syrup or filling of your choice. This mixture keeps for a few days if you store it covered in the fridge. Give it a good whisk before using.