How To Become A Dekalb Seed Dealer? Get Info on Becoming an Independent Merschman Seeds Dealer At Merschman Seeds, we pride ourselves on being an independent, family-owned seed company from West Point,.tag.
Becoming a DeKalb seed dealer is an excellent way to begin a successful career in the agriculture industry. DeKalb is one of the leading seed companies in the world, offering a variety of corn, soybean, cotton, and wheat seed products. To become a DeKalb seed dealer, the following steps should be taken:
- Research the types of seed products offered by DeKalb. Visit their website and read through the information and resources provided by the company to learn about the varieties of seed products offered and the benefits of each. It is important to understand the products in order to be an effective and knowledgeable seed dealer.
- Contact the DeKalb sales representative in your area. This can be done by visiting the DeKalb website or by calling the customer service line. The sales representative will be able to provide more details about the seed products available and provide a list of authorized seed dealers in your area.
- Secure a dealership agreement from DeKalb. This agreement outlines the terms and conditions of being a DeKalb seed dealer. It will include details such as the minimum order size, shipping and delivery policies, and other important information. It is important to read this agreement thoroughly and make sure you understand all of the terms before signing.
- Complete the seed dealer training program. DeKalb requires all seed dealers to complete a training program before they can begin selling their products. The training program covers topics such as seed selection and planting, marketing, and customer service. This ensures that all seed dealers are knowledgeable and prepared to help customers with their seed needs.
- Obtain a business license. To become a DeKalb seed dealer, you must have a business license. This can be obtained from the local government office responsible for issuing business licenses. The license fee may vary depending on where you live, so be sure to research the requirements before applying.
- Purchase seed from DeKalb. Once you have signed the dealership agreement and completed the training program, you will be ready to purchase seed from DeKalb. You can either purchase directly from the DeKalb website or from your local seed dealer. Be sure to check the prices and delivery options of each before making a purchase.
- Advertise your business. Once you are a DeKalb seed dealer, you will need to promote your business to potential customers. This can be done through social media, flyers, and other forms of advertising. You can also attend local events, such as county fairs and farmers’ markets, to make contacts and spread the word about your business.
By following these steps, you can become a DeKalb seed dealer and begin to take advantage of the many benefits that come with selling DeKalb’s high-quality seed products. With hard work and dedication, you can build a successful business and make a name for yourself in the agricultural industry.
Careers in Ag Series with Al Wright, a seed salesman from Corteva
Join us as we visit with Al Wright from Corteva. Al shares with us what it takes to be an Ag salesman in the seed industry and how he got to where he is today.
DEKALB The origin of the DEKALB brand can be traced all the way back to 1912. Since then, DEKALB has become synonymous with consistent, winning performance..