How To Install Lp Shake Siding? • Siding may be installed directly to studs spaced no greater than 16” (406 mm) o.c. that have adequate corner bracing. • Use a minimum 0.092 inch diameter smooth. Installing Vinyl Shake Siding: Pop a level chalk line for the starter strip an inch or two above the bottom of the siding. Nail the starter strip to the siding, aligning the top of the strip with. LP SmartSide Trim & Siding products are treated with our proprietary SmartGuard ® process. With four components of protection, the process adds strength and helps our.
LP Shake siding is a great way to add a unique and striking look to your home. It’s a great way to update the exterior of your house without having to break the bank. Whether you’re looking to give your home a rustic look or just want to spruce up your home’s appearance, installing LP Shake siding is a great option. However, if you are considering installing LP Shake siding, there are a few important tips and steps that must be taken to ensure the job is done properly. Here, we will cover these tips and steps to help you install LP Shake siding.
Before you begin, there are a few items you will need to have on hand. These items include safety gear such as goggles, gloves, and dust masks; a ladder; a drill; a circular saw; a pry bar; a hammer; and LP Shake siding. Once you have all of these items on hand, you can begin the installation process.
The first step in installing LP Shake siding is to measure the area where you plan to install it. Measure the length, height, width, and depth of the area, and make sure to write down the measurements so you can refer to them later. After you have the measurements, you can purchase the appropriate amount of LP Shake siding. You will also need to measure the size of each piece of siding and cut it to size.
Once you have the LP Shake siding cut to size, it’s time to begin the installation process. Here are the steps you should take:
- Begin by nailing a strip of metal flashing along the bottom of the wall where the siding will be installed. This will help protect the wall from moisture.
- Next, you will need to attach a piece of LP Shake siding to the wall. Using a drill, attach the siding to the wall with nails or screws. Make sure to place the nails or screws in the designated spots on the siding.
- Continue to attach the LP Shake siding to the wall until you have covered the entire area. Make sure to overlap the siding pieces so that no moisture can get in.
- Once the area is covered, use a pry bar to secure the siding to the wall securely. Hammer the nails into place, and make sure the siding is firmly attached to the wall.
- Once the siding is securely in place, you can begin to seal the seams with a sealant. This will help to protect the siding from moisture, and will also help to make it more durable.
- Finally, you can finish by painting the LP Shake siding with a weatherproof paint. This will help to protect the siding from the elements, and will ensure that it looks great for years to come.
Installing LP Shake siding can be a bit of a challenge, but with the right tools and instructions, it can be a relatively simple task. Make sure you measure the area accurately before you begin, and take the necessary steps to ensure that the siding is securely in place. With a bit of patience and effort, you can successfully install LP Shake siding and give your home a unique and striking look.
LP® SmartSide® Installation Tip: Two Ways to Install Cedar Texture Shakes
LP® SmartSide® ExpertFinish® Cedar Texture Shakes can be installed two ways to achieve different looks. Watch as Jaime Perkins of the Perkins Builder Brothers walks through the two techniques to highlight their time-saving benefits.