How To Replace A Brake Light? 6. (Optional) Remove all bulbs and holder and replace housing. This optional step is for one of two people: Those with a broken brake light housing, and those with. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to change a brake light on your own. With these instructions, you can replace a brake light quickly and easily,.
Replacing a brake light is a relatively easy task that can be completed in a short time. Not only is it an important safety component of your vehicle, but it’s also a legal requirement in many states. Knowing how to replace a brake light can save you time and money.
The tools and supplies needed for replacing a brake light are minimal. You will need a flat head screwdriver, a new brake light, and a friend to help. Before getting started, make sure that you have the correct replacement bulb for your vehicle. You can usually find the correct bulb specification in your vehicle’s owner’s manual or online.
Here are the steps to replace a brake light:
- Locate the brake light. This can usually be found in the center of the rear window or in the rear bumper of the vehicle.
- Open the trunk and remove the screws holding the brake light in place. Use the flat head screwdriver to remove the screws.
- Remove the brake light and disconnect the wiring harness. Have a friend hold the brake light while you disconnect the wiring harness.
- Insert the new brake light and reconnect the wiring harness. Make sure the wiring is securely connected.
- Replace the screws to secure the brake light in place.
- Test the brake light. Have a friend press the brake pedal while you stand outside and make sure the brake light is working properly.
Replacing a brake light is a simple task that can be done in a matter of minutes. Not only is it important for safety and legal reasons, but it can also save you time and money. Make sure to use the correct replacement bulb and follow the steps above to ensure that your brake light is properly installed.
How To Replace a Brake Light Bulb
How to Replace a Brake Light Bulb on a 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT
Using the fuse diagram on the box’s cover (or in the manual), find the fuse for the brake circuit and make sure it hasn’t been blown. If it has, replace it with a fuse of the.