Who We Are?
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of our correspondence.
- Like many other Web sites, we makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. These data will not be combined with data from other sources.
What do we use your data for?
Part of the data is collected to ensure the proper functioning of the website. Other data can be used to analyze how visitors use the site. Log files are used internally only, and are not associated with any particular user.
Where we store your personal data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
How do we protect your information?
We protect our databases with various physical, technical and procedural measures and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. All information transmitted through us is stored on our secure server.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Who will your information be shared with?
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties.
- Advertising (Google AdSense)
- Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google Analytics cookies are stored based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize both its website and its advertising.
- IP anonymization – We have activated the IP anonymization feature on this website for all visitors. Your IP address will be shortened by Google within the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area prior to transmission to the United States. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services regarding website activity and Internet usage for the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google.
- Browser plugin – You can prevent these cookies being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we wish to point out that doing so may mean you will not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by cookies about your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google, and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Objecting to the collection of data – You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link.
- Outsourced data processing – We have entered into an agreement with Google for the outsourcing of our data processing and fully implement the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities when using Google Analytics.
- Demographic data collection by Google Analytics – This website uses Google Analytics’ demographic features. This allows reports to be generated containing statements about the age, gender, and interests of site visitors. This data comes from interest-based advertising from Google and third-party visitor data. This collected data cannot be attributed to any specific individual person. You can disable this feature at any time by adjusting the ads settings in your Google account or you can forbid the collection of your data by Google Analytics as described in the section “Refusal of data collection”.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Your Data Protection Rights
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. From May 2018 you will have the following rights:
- Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal information from us
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and customer demographics (see section 5 above).
- Withdrawal of Consent: the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time; for instance, after you consented to keeping you informed about our Services, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
For how long we keep your personal information?
Your personal information will be processed to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations, and for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which the information is collected, in accordance with our data retention policies and applicable data protection laws. When we no longer need your personal information, we will take all reasonable steps to remove it from our systems and records or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We honor Do Not Track (DNT) signals and DNT, plant cookies, or use generic advertising when a DNT browser mechanism is in place.
We do not process personal data of children under the minimum legal age pursuant to local legal requirements in the state, province, country or jurisdiction of residence. If you discover that a child under age has provided us with his/her personal data, please contact us!
We does not collect, sell, rent, or otherwise distribute email addresses or any other personal information. We also do not solicit or collect any emails unless you make a request for reuse of our content or advertising enquiries or other general enquiry. All discussions by email or phone are completely confidential unless we obtain written consent from you.
Links to Other Websites
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods: Contact Us