Don’t throw your decor pumpkins away after October! Instead, make this easy and delicious Roasted Pumpkin Salad with them for a healthy fall recipe. It’s loaded with fall flavors, but without the guilt! Crunchy, creamy, savory, a touch of sweet, and loaded with nutrition. It’s perfect if you’re craving comfort food but want to stay on track with healthy eating!
This salad is perfect for on-the-go lunches, easy dinners, and a great side dish for fall gatherings that will impress your guests!Print
This Roasted Pumpkin Salad is perfect for on-the-go lunches, easy dinners, and a great side dish for fall gatherings that will impress your guests!
For the pumpkin:
- 12 ounces pumpkin, butternut or other winter squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- For the cheese crackers:
- Vegetable oil or nonstick spray
- 8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or Argentino Reggianito
For the dressing:
- 1 cup (lightly packed) roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese or Argentino Reggianito
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- For assembly:
- 3 cups watercress (large stems removed).
- For the pumpkin: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a baking sheet, toss the pumpkin with salt, sugar, thyme, garlic, and olive oil. Roast until tender and lightly browned, 15 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside; do not turn off oven.
- For the cheese crackers: While the pumpkin is roasting, prepare the cheese crackers. On a non-stick or lightly oiled cookie sheet, divide the grated Parmesan or Argentino Reggianito cheeses into four equal mounds placed about 3 inches apart. Bake until cheese has melted, turned lightly golden, and set into a cracker; watch carefully to prevent burning. Remove from oven, and using a spatula, gently loosen crackers from the cookie sheet, and set aside on a plate. Let the crackers cool and become crisp.
- For the dressing: In a blender, combine basil, garlic, Parmesan or Argentino Reggianito, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, and add vinegar, mixing well. Set aside.
- For assembly: In a large bowl, combine watercress and dressing, and toss until all the leaves are coated. Place equal portions on two or four plates. Top with roasted pumpkin, and garnish with cheese crackers.
- Calories: 773 calories
- Sugar: 9 grams
- Sodium: 1008 miligrams
- Fat: 64 grams
- Saturated Fat: 18 grams
- Carbohydrates: 24 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 29 grams
Keywords: Salads, Pumpkin,