This easy meal uses just one baking sheet. The chicken comes out with delicious crispy skin, which pairs well with crunchy, peppery watercress and crisp, salty bacon.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken leg quarters (about 2 lb.)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in. wedges
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 cups baby watercress
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange the chicken and sweet potatoes side by side in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season with the sage, salt, and pepper and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil, tossing to coat. Lay the bacon on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Roast until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of a thigh registers 165°F, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss together the watercress, lemon juice, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken with the sweet potatoes and salad, with the bacon crumbled over the top.