Make a batch of classic broccoli and stilton soup with the help of a soup maker. It’s freezable so you can make ahead for busy days, or a packed lunch.Print
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- 1 leek , sliced
- 1 medium potato , diced
- 750ml low salt or homemade chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 head broccoli , roughly chopped
- 140g stilton , or other blue cheese, crumbled
- Put all the ingredients into the soup maker, except the stilton, and press the ‘smooth soup’ function. Make sure you don’t fill the soup maker above the max fill line.
- Once the cycle is complete, season, and stir in most of the stilton. Blend briefly again until the cheese has melted into the soup. Season with more black pepper and top with the reserved cheese to serve.