A healthy burger that’s filling too. These are great for anyone after a satisfying bite low in calories.Print
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- handful of flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp harissa paste or chilli powder
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- toasted pitta bread, to serve
- 200g tub tomato salsa, to serve
- green salad, to serve
Drain the chickpeas and pat dry with kitchen paper. Tip into a food processor along with the onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, coriander, harissa paste, flour and a little salt. Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four patties with your hands.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a non-stick frying pan, and fry the burgers for 3 mins on each side until lightly golden. Serve with the toasted pitta bread, tomato salsa and green salad.