Try our vegan spiced tofu with cherry tomatoes for an egg-free take on scramble on toast. Perfect for breakfast, served on rye bread.Print
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , finely sliced
- 1 large garlic clove , crushed
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 280g extra firm tofu
- 100g cherry tomatoes , halved
- ½ small bunch parsley , chopped
- rye bread , to serve, (optional)
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion for 8 -10 mins or until golden brown and sticky. Stir in the garlic, turmeric, cumin and paprika and cook for 1 min.
- Roughly mash the tofu in a bowl using a fork, keeping some pieces chunky. Add to the pan and fry for 3 mins. Raise the heat, then tip in the tomatoes, cooking for 5 mins more or until they begin to soften. Fold the parsley through the mixture. Serve on its own or with toasted rye bread (not gluten-free), if you like.