Here you have a vibrant, bold, bloody mary made with fragrant herbs, yellow heirloom tomatoes, shallots, and a bit of kick from the vodka and serrano pepper. It’s the bloody mary I want to drink, and I suspect you’ll love it too!
- 2–3 medium yellow heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced serrano
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced shallots
- 2–3 ounces vodka
- garnish ideas: tiny feta cubes, olives, cucumber slices (optional)
Core the tomatoes, place in a bowl, and puree with a hand blender, you’ll need 1 cup. Combine the tomatoes with the rest of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker or mason jar.
Prepare four glasses with ice, and pour the mixture into the prepared glasses. Thread garnishes on short skewer or stem, if using, and serve immediately.
If you don’t have fresh, ripe yellow tomatoes on hand, by all means, use red ones. The main thing is making sure they’re juicy, flavorful and at their peak. We’ve been making these with the Daphnis and Chloe Greek Oregano – incredibly bright & fragrant. But if you have good dried herbs already on hand, by all means, use those.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 198mg
- Carbohydrates: 3g